Duration: 4 weeks, 1 hour sessions
Start Date: AUGUST 4
Maximum Students Each Session: 5
Recommended Ages: ( 6-8 years old )
Using the concepts covered in this entry-level course your child will learn basic computer coding concepts in a fun and nurturing environment.
*Adult participation required for initial sessions to provide child with hands-on support if necessary.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- How to install and launch Scratch Jr.
- How to navigate the Scratch Jr. programming interface
- How to program in the Scratch Jr. interface
- How to upload and animate characters (sprites).
- How to make characters interact.
- Learn basic programming concepts such as loops.
- IPAD or Android Tablet: Required for course work.
- Computer or Tablet: to view and communicate with instructor
Internet: Broadband internet with at least 1.2Mbps download and 6Mbps upload speeds.
Webcam: Either external or built-in (many laptops have an integrated camera).
Microphone and Speakers: We recommend headphones with a built-in microphone. But any microphone and speakers will work fine in a quiet room.